I just wanted to bring attention to some of my favorite things about the internet lately. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
- Someone knitted Bernie Sanders in his mittens and sold it for thousands of dollars and then donated the money to a charity food bank.
- Elon Musk is encouraging everyone to short stocks and buy cryptocurrency. Robinhood is furious, but no one cares.
- In that vein… DOGE is going TO THE MOON!
- You can buy a deed to Mars, and I have one acre of it. So does my brother.
- Spoon is probably one of the coolest apps ever — you can livestream audio, and people send you money for it. It’s not much, but still, it’s pretty cool.
- There are apps that pay you for listening to music and playing video games. Again, not much, but still awesome.
- ColourPop released an Animal Crossing inspired makeup collection (you best believe that I ordered one of the palettes).
- Weezer has a new album.
- More and more people are getting the vaccine. I got the first dose, and I’ll get my second on Star Wars Day.
- Film festivals have been… awfully different. But that means they’re more accessible to people who can’t make it because of x, y, z. I’ve seen some epic films because streaming services are sharing them for a limited time!
- I might have plans to start a podcast lately… 😉
- JoJo Siwa and Lil Nas X and Demi Lovato and and and… it’s so good to see so many queer people in the media.
- Spring is here, and my feed has been filled with flowers!
- In Lawrence, KS, legislators are talking about banning conversion therapy. Finally.
I hope this little dose of positivity does you good. I know I’ve been swamped in the massive pile of garbage that is the internet at the moment. Just remember to take time, smile, and remember that the world is beautiful when you look around! Have a wonderful weekend.